Butternut Squash and Mushroom Soup
By November 9, 2012Published:
Butternut Squash is high in beta carotene which helps to delay cognitive aging.
- 8-10 mushrooms quartered
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, seeds removed and diced in 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 cups vegetable broth recipe »
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- to taste Himalayan pink salt
- to taste black pepper ground
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- In large stock pot, heat coconut oil on medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent, 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and butternut squash and sauté covered for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and continue to saute covered for another 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add vegetable broth, salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer for 20 minutes.With an immersion hand blender, blend until smooth.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Ready In: 45 mins