Incoming search terms:
- stevia frosting recipe
- chocolate buttercream frosting with stevia
- stevia chocolate frosting
- chocolate frosting with stevia
- stevia chocolate frosting recipe
- butter cream frosting using powder stevia and agave
- frosting made with stevia
- stevia chocolate icing recipe
- stevia frosting almond milk chocolate
Chocolate Frosting (Gluten free & Vegan)
By January 26, 2013Published:
No one will believe that this frosting is actually made with good for you superfoods. This frosting is made with a secret ingredient vegetable, and is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, nut free, soy free, and sweetened with stevia. The frosting can be used at room temperature with a fudgy consistency, and will hold its shape. For a lighter frosting, allow to chill in the refrigerator, and then whip with a hand blender for more of a whipped "buttercream" frosting. The sweet potatoes can be substituted for pumpkin, but frosting will be slightly thinner. Any nut butter of choice can be substituted for the sunflower seed butter, but frosting will not be nut free anymore.
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sweet potatoes peeled, cooked, and pureed (can substitute pumpkin puree)
- 1 tbsp or more to taste truvia
- 2 1/2 oz 100 % cacao chocolate bar unsweetened such as ghiradelli, or sunspire
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened (use dark cocoa for dark chocolate frosting)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter or almond butter
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp almond milk or coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract gluten free, alcohol free
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- First, place sweet potato/pumpkin, truvia, vanilla, and salt in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
- Then, add the cocoa powder, and process again until combined. Set aside.
- Next, in a small saucepan, melt the chocolate bar, sunflower seed butter, and coconut oil over low heat. Stir constantly until the mixture is completely melted and smooth. Remove the pan from heat, and allow to cool slightly.
- Then, add the melted chocolate mixture to the sweet potato/pumpkin mixture in the food processor, and blend until completely smooth and creamy. Adjust truvia to taste. Add more for a sweeter frosting if desired. If too sweet, add a bit more cocoa powder.
- Finally, spread the frosting on dessert of choice such as cakes, cupcakes, cookies, bars, brownies, or use as a dip for fresh cut fruit for dessert.
- Yield: 1- 1 1/2 cups
- Ready In: 10 mins