By November 9, 2012Published:
The pigments that give beets their rich color are called betalains. Betalains are both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. These pigments also help with detoxification and elimination of unwanted toxic substances.
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1/2 cup beets shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/3 cup scallion finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh
- to taste Himalayan pink salt
- Cook quinoa as per package directions.
- Allow quinoa to cool. Transfer to a large bowl, add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and serve.
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Ready In: 30 mins