Easy Brown Rice Pasta
By November 11, 2012Published:
The health benefits of garlic can be increased by letting it sit after you’ve chopped it, minced it or crushed it. Allow it to sit for at least 5 minutes before eating or cooking the garlic or adding any high acidic food to the garlic (for example lemon juice).
- 8 oz brown rice pasta any variety
- 5 mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 tomato mince with a fine grater, discard skin
- 2-3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning or all purpose vegetable seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- to taste Himalayan pink salt
- to taste black pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- to taste red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, chopped for garnish
- Cook brown rice pasta as directed on the package. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat coconut oil on low- medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté one minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add seasoning, red chili flakes, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add minced tomato and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add cooked brown rice pasta and mix well for a few minutes.
- Once pasta has cooled slightly, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.Toss to coat. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Ready In: 30 mins