Greek Salad with Avocado
By November 9, 2012Published:
Oregano is very high in antioxidants and also has antibacterial properties.
- 1 avocado peeled and pitted and diced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1 heart romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 1 lemon freshly juiced and zested
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- to taste Himalayan pink salt
- to taste black pepper ground
- Whisk lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine red onion with red wine vinegar and allow it to marinate.
- Chop lettuce and add to another bowl with avocado and tomato.
- Add dressing and marinated onion to the bowl with the lettuce.Toss well and serve.
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Ready In: 15 mins