By November 9, 2012Published:
Kale has greater cholesterol lowering benefits if it is cooked by steaming (more than when consumed raw).
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cups kale chopped finely
- 2 small potatoes peeled and diced in 1-inch cubes
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 cups vegetable broth recipe »
- 1 tsp thyme dried
- 1 tsp sage dried
- to taste Himalayan pink salt
- to taste black pepper ground
- In a medium stock pot heat coconut oil on medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent, 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for one minute. Add carrots, celery and potatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add kale, dried thyme, dried sage, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 30 mins