By November 9, 2012Published:
Miso is high in sodium, although it does not affect our cardiovascular system in the same way that other high sodium food do. Miso is a good source of manganese and zinc which are both important mineral antioxidants.
- 4 cups water
- 2-5 tbsp miso depending on richness desired
- 2 tbsp green onion thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup tofu extra firm, diced
- 10 one inch strips seaweed optional
- Put water, tofu and seaweed in a saucepan and bring to a boil (this is the broth).
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Allow this broth to cool slightly and then add the miso mixing it will until it dissolves. (The broth should be cooled. so that the beneficial microflora and enzymes in the miso remain intact).
- Garnish with green onions.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 20 mins