Mushroom and Potato Soup
By November 9, 2012Published:
When thyme is dried it is a great source of iron, which is crucial to your body’s ability to transport oxygen through your blood.
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 15 mushrooms chopped
- 1 large potato peeled and diced in 1 cm pieces
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 cups vegetable broth recipe »
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- 1/2 tsp thyme fresh or dried leaves
- to taste Himalayan pink salt
- to taste black pepper ground
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- In a large stock pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for one minute. Add mushrooms and potato and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add truffle oil, salt, thyme leaves, black pepper and italian seasoning.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- With an immersion hand blender, blend the soup until it is smooth.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 55 mins