Rainbow Kale Salad
By November 9, 2012Published:
Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables around. One way to ensure maximum nutrition and flavor is to cut the leaves into 1⁄2 inch strips and let them sit for at least 5 minutes and then steaming it for 5 minutes.
- 3 cups kale large stems and spines discarded, leaves chopped into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 cups red cabbage finely shredded
- 2 clementines peeled and segmented
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 small orange freshly juiced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
- Steam kale in steamer pot for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, cabbage, orange segments, onion, bell pepper and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, orange juice, vinegar and pepper. Pour over the kale mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 20 mins