By November 9, 2012Published:
The healthiest way to cook asparagus is to sauté it for about 5 minutes. This method provides the greatest flavor and retains the most nutrients.
- 10 stalks asparagus woody ends discarded and chopped in 2 inch segments
- 1 tbsp balsmic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- to taste Himalayan pink salt
- to taste black pepper ground
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a bowl whisk balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, black pepper and salt, set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet heat coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add asparagus to skillet and cover lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix asparagus to bowl with dressing.
- Allow asparagus to absorb dressing, for 5 minutes, then serve.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 15 mins