Spicy Black Bean Soup
By November 9, 2012Published:
Pumpkin Seeds have a high amount of magnesium which play a role in more than 300 bodily processes.
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can corn rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can tomatoes diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 cup collard greens or kale, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth recipe »
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin ground
- 1/2 jalapeno minced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- to taste Himalayan pink salt
- to taste black pepper ground
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a large stock pot heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent, 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and zucchini and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, black beans, corn and diced tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add red chili powder, ground cumin, taco seasoning, jalapeño, salt and black pepper
- Reduce heat to low, add collard greens or kale, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 40 mins