Spinach and Mushroom Quesadillas
By November 11, 2012Published:
Spinach helps protect the heart and bones. It also helps with cancer protection and it has excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
- 4 cups mushrooms sliced
- 10 cups spinach baby, chopped
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/4 tsp cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp taco seasoning
- to taste Himalayan pink salt
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 tsp grape seed oil
- In a large skillet, heat a teaspoon of grape seed oil over medium to high heat.
- Add ground cumin and let it brown for 1-2 minutes. Add onions and sauté for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add spinach in two batches, letting the first batch wilt and then add the second batch, cook for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add taco seasoning and salt. Stir well and then remove from stove.
- On a large flat skillet, heat corn tortillas as directed on the package (1-2 minutes per side).
- Once tortillas are heated, place desired amount of mushroom mixture on one side and then fold them in half.
- Brush some grape seed oil on both sides of the tortilla and place in a skillet on medium- high heat.You may be able to fit 2-3 tortillas on a the skillet depending on the size.
- Cook on each side until slightly brown and serve immediately.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Ready In: 35 mins