Vegetable Curried Noodles
By November 2, 2012Published:
Lemongrass is rich in a substance called citral which aids in digestion. It also relieves spasms, muscle cramps, and headaches.
- 8 oz rice noodles thin brown
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cups carrots thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups red pepper bell, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup green pepper bell, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms sliced
- 3 tbsp lemongrass fresh, chopped, use lower bulb only
- 1 tbsp ginger fresh, minced
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 5 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup vegetable broth recipe »
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews unsalted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Set noodles aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add carrot, sauté for 2 minutes, then add bell peppers and mushrooms, sauté 2 minutes. Remove from skillet into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon coconut oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add lemongrass, ginger, red curry paste, cumin, turmeric, lemon juice and garlic, cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add broth, 1⁄2 cup water, and soy sauce, bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Add noodles, carrot and bell pepper mixture, and green onions and cook for 2 minutes, stir well.
- Garnish with cilantro and cashews.
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Ready In: 35 mins