Vegetable Pad Thai
By November 11, 2012Published:
Red bell peppers contain numerous healthy carotenoids which are found in the colorful flesh of the pepper. They help to improve immune function and decrease the risk of several types of cancer.
- 8 oz rice noodles wide and flat, pad thai noodles
- 1 tsp honey raw
- 3 tbsp lime juice fresh, plus wedges for serving
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large red bell pepper thinly sliced, lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cup green cabbage thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 inch piece ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce thai chili
- 1/2 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped, roasted, salted
- Cook the rice noodles as directed on the package. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, lime juice, and soy sauce.
- In a large wok heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, scallions and red bell pepper, stir fry for 2 minutes.Then add green cabbage and ginger, stir fry for an additional 3 minutes. Add 1⁄4 of soy sauce mixture and cook for additional 2 minutes.Transfer to a plate.
- Add noodles and remaining soy sauce mixture to wok, cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are soft and coated with sauce about 1 minute. Add veggies and toss to coat. Add thai chili hot sauce and mix well.
- Serve noodles with lime wedges, garnish with cilantro and peanuts.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 35 mins